Pink Diamond

A sketch a day keeps the voices away.

9.05.2005

Another Sunday in Glendale





Some crazy abandoned houses I passed yesterday while walking around Glendale. I spent the morning at Borders, taking cheap, illegal photographs out of art books I couldn't afford to buy, in order to gather some reference for "Mind the Kitty"s overall design. I may, however, go back and pick up "Art of the Incredibles" after payday next. I also discovered that Borders has no art books, aside from a few "The Art Of ___"s and some "How-to" animation texts. I was sorely disappointed.

After that, and mostly on a whim, I walked up Glendale avenue and decided to make a pilgramige to Walt Disney's grave. For those of you who don't know, Mr. Disney is buried at Forest Lawn Glendale in the Freedom Court...but I'm not telling you where the grave is. ;) It's much more satisfying to come across it yourself. I will say, however, that it is outdoors in one of those mini-courtyard things. Anyhow, no bolts of mysterious paranormal energy or enlightenment from beyond, but it was a nice walk and I got some great shots of the architecture and the L.A. skyline.